Makology offers professional consulting services to assist you in your planning and implementation of your makerspace (fab lab). Our resident expert, Payson McNett, has set up and maintained the fab lab at Indiana University and Cabrillo College. He has experience with a wide variety of equipment, including 3D printers, laser cutters, vinyl cutters, cnc routers and more. Payson is an artist, maker and teacher. He has a broad and deep understanding of what the needs are of educators.
In preparation for a consultation, we recommend you consider the following:
- Makerspace options (woodshop, computer lab, etc)
- Budget – current and future – you can implement one new technology and add more over time
- Existing equipment (computer and network) – will students go to a makerspace or lab with desktops, laptops or chrome books?
- How old are your students? Start with 3D design in Tinkercad and 3D printing or use 3D design with Blender and 3d printing or both?
- Who are early adopters to start with a pilot program?
When you are ready, please contact us.